알츠하이머 치매 환자의 약물 순응도에 영향을 미치는 요인Variables Influencing drug Adherence in Patients with Alzheimer’s Disease
- Other Titles
- Variables Influencing drug Adherence in Patients with Alzheimer’s Disease
- 윤현철; 양재원; 이문수; 정인과; 정현강; 조숙행; 한창수; 김승현
- Issue Date
- Drug adherence; Alzheimer’s disease; Dementia; 약물 순응도·알츠하이머 병·치매
- 노인정신의학, v.17, no.1, pp.25 - 30
- Journal Title
- Start Page
- End Page
- Objectives：Many patients with Alzheimer’s disease have difficulty in taking their medicine by themselves and their poor drug adherence possibly results in aggravating various symptoms. The aim of this study was to assess the variables influencing drug adherence of Alzheimer’s disease patients.
Methods：In a four-week period, 33 outpatients over 65 years old diagnosed with Alzheimer’s disease were monitored. Drug adherences were assessed by the Medication Event Monitoring System (MEMS), the pill count, the clinician rating scale, and self-report. Agreements among adherence measures and the relationships between MEMS adherence and other clinical factors were assessed.
Results：The adherence rates for the MEMS, the pill count, the clinician rating scale and, self-report were 51.5%, 82.8%, 82.8%, and 87.9%. The Kappa coefficients were 0.382 (pill count vs. MEMS, clinician rating scale vs. MEMS) and 0.256 (self-report vs. MEMS). Males showed better adherence than females but the other clinical variables did not show significant differences between adherence group and non-adherence group.
Conclusion：These findings suggest that clinicians should be concerned when assessing drug adherence in patients with Alzheimer’s disease only by subjective reporting and pill counting since these methods may make patient’s adherence underestimate. Clinicians should also take in mind that caregivers play an important role in improving adherence.
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- 2. Clinical Science > Department of Psychiatry > 1. Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.