[Helicobacter pylori eradication therapy in Korea].
- Kim S.Y.; Jung S.W.
- Issue Date
- Helicobacter pylori; Drug therapy; Combination
- The Korean journal of gastroenterology = Taehan Sohwagi Hakhoe chi, v.58, no.2, pp.67 - 73
- Journal Title
- The Korean journal of gastroenterology = Taehan Sohwagi Hakhoe chi
- Start Page
- End Page
- Helicobacter pylori (H. pylori) is known to be associated with many gastrointestinal diseases including peptic ulcer. In Korea, eradication of H. pylori is recommended for peptic ulcer disease, low grade gastric mucosa-associated lymphoid tissue lymphoma, and early gastric cancer. Standard triple therapy using proton pump inhibitor, clarithromycin, and amoxicillin and bismuth-containing quadruple therapy have been the main first-line and second-line therapy for H. pylori in Korea. Although eradication rate of second-line quadruple therapy remains similar to that of the past, the success rate of eradication with triple therapy has decreased with increasing antimicrobial resistance to H. pylori. There is no standard third-line therapy, and some regimens that incorporate levofloxacin, moxifloxacin, and rifabutin can be used. New regimens such as sequential or concomitant therapy are suggested as alternative treatment for H. pylori. We need more well designed randomized controlled studies to choose proper treatment for H. pylori infection.
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- 2. Clinical Science > Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology > 1. Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.