Two Cases of Incidentally Diagnosed Idiopathic Left Atrial Appendage Ostial StenosisTwo Cases of Incidentally Diagnosed Idiopathic Left Atrial Appendage Ostial Stenosis
- Other Titles
- Two Cases of Incidentally Diagnosed Idiopathic Left Atrial Appendage Ostial Stenosis
- 김선원; 심완주; 박성미; 김미나; 이광노; 최윤지; 홍호철; 김태형; 김창하
- Issue Date
- Left atrial appendage∙Ostial stenosis.
- Journal of Cardiovascular Imaging, v.18, no.3, pp.112 - 114
- Journal Title
- Journal of Cardiovascular Imaging
- Start Page
- End Page
- We report here on 2 cases of idiopathic left atrial appendage ostial stenosis (LAA), and this rare finding was detected on transesophageal echocardiography. Its clinical implication is still unknown, given the small number of reported cases.
Incompletely ligated LAA has characteristics similar to those observed in idiopathic LAA ostial stenosis, including the narrowed orifice, the small LAA cavity and the accelerated blood flow across the stenotic area. Since the incompletely ligated LAA has been reported to be complicated with thromboembolic events, we can assumed that the patients with idiopathic LAA ostial stenosis have a higher risk of thromboembolism than those with a normal LAA structure.
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- 2. Clinical Science > Department of Cardiology > 1. Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.