복수 및 자발세균복막염Ascites and spontaneous bacterial peritonitis
- Other Titles
- Ascites and spontaneous bacterial peritonitis
- Issue Date
- Ascites; Liver cirrhosis; Paracentesis; Peritonitis; 복수; 간경변증; 복수천자; 복막염
- 대한내과학회지, v.75, no.1, pp.15 - 26
- Journal Title
- Start Page
- End Page
- Ascites is the most common complication of liver cirrhosis and the first presentation of hepatic decompensation in most of patients with liver cirrhosis. In addition, the development of ascites is the significant predictor for poor prognosis. The therapeutic modalities for the control of uncomplicated ascites include low sodium diet and diuretics. Spironolactone is the drug of choice for the control of cirrhotic ascites, while furosemide is generally used as an adjunct to spironolactone. In patients with refractory ascites, repeated large-volume paracentesis is the treatment choice.
Spontaneous bacterial peritonitis (SBP) is the most common infection in patients with liver cirrhosis. Although inhospital mortality of patients with SBP have significantly reduced with the rapid diagnosis and choice of effective antibiotics, still 15～20% of patients died during hospitalization. Third-generation cephalosporin is the drug of choice for the treatment of SBP, which can cover about 95% of causative organisms. In patients with high-risk of SBP, prophylactic antibiotics should be considered. (Korean J Med 75:15-26, 2008)
- Files in This Item
Go to Link
- Appears in
- 2. Clinical Science > Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology > 1. Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.