Guidelines for Nonvariceal Upper Gastrointestinal Bleeding
- Kim, Joon Sung; Kim, Byung-Wook; Kim, Do Hoon; Park, Chan Hyuk; Lee, Hyuk; Joo, Moon Kyung; Jung, Da Hyun; Chung, Jun-Won; Choi, Hyuk Soon; Baik, Gwang Ho; Lee, Jeong Hoon; Song, Kyo Young; Hur, Saebeom
- Issue Date
- 거트앤리버 발행위원회
- Nonvariceal upper gastrointestinal bleeding; Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug; Antithrombotics; Guideline
- Gut and Liver, v.14, no.5, pp.560 - 570
- Journal Title
- Gut and Liver
- Start Page
- End Page
- Nonvariceal upper gastrointestinal bleeding (NVUGIB) refers to bleeding that develops in the gastrointestinal tract proximal to the ligament of Treitz. NVUGIB requires hospitalization and is associated with significant morbidity and mortality. Although European and Asian-Pacific guidelines have been published, there have been no previous guidelines regarding management of NVUGIB in Korea. Korea has a high prevalence of Helicobacter pylori infections, and patients have easy accessibility to endoscopy. Therefore, we believe that guidelines regarding management of NVUGIB in Korea are essential. The Korean Society of Gastroenterology reviewed the recent evidence and recommends practical management guidelines on NVUGIB in Korea.
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- 2. Clinical Science > Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology > 1. Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.