우울증 환자의 낙인 지각에 관한 일 연구An Investigation of the Perceived Stigma of Depressive Patients
- Other Titles
- An Investigation of the Perceived Stigma of Depressive Patients
- 함병주; 이민수; 강이헌; 황태연; 이우경; 한근영; 최윤경; 최인근
- Issue Date
- Depression; Perceived stigma.
- Journal of Korean Society for Depressive and Bipolar Disorders, v.2, no.4, pp.237 - 244
- Journal Title
- Journal of Korean Society for Depressive and Bipolar Disorders
- Start Page
- End Page
- Objectives：The purpose of this study was to investigate the factors affecting perceived stigma with patients with depressive disorders. Methods：We used the Internalized Stigma of Mental Illness Scale (ISMI) for measurement of perceived stigma and the Korea Depression Scale (KDS) for depression with a sample of depressed subjects from a University hospital outpatient psychiatric clinic (N=205). Results：The marriage state was proved to one of the most important factor for perceived stigma. The unmarried group has higher scores in all items of ISMI except stigma resistance. The higher the attainments in scholarship, social withdrawal, the stigma resistance and total scores of ISMI were higher. In job status, Alienation, Discrimination, Social Withdrawal, and total scores of ISMI were higher in students, office worker, and jobless than others. But there are no differences in number of episode, treatment duration, history of suicidal attempt, diagnosis. But the age of onset is earlier, degree of perceived stigma is larger. There are also significant correlation between scores of KDS and all items of ISMI. In regression analysis, depression, marriage state, occupation and education level are most important factors for perceived stigma in patient with depression. Conclusion：We found the fact that depression severity, marriage state, occupation and education appear to be a strong predictor of perceived stigma.
- Files in This Item
Go to Link
- Appears in
- 2. Clinical Science > Department of Psychiatry > 1. Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.