Intraductal papillary bile duct adenocarcinoma and gastrointestinal stromal tumor in a case of neurofibromatosis type 1
- Lee, Jung Min; Lee, Jae Min; Hyun, Jong Jin; Choi, Hyuk Soon; Kim, Eun Sun; Keum, Bora; Jeen, Yoon Tae; Chun, Hoon Jai; Lee, Hong Sik; Kim, Chang Duck; Kim, Dong Sik; Kim, Joo Young
- Issue Date
- BAISHIDENG PUBLISHING GROUP INC
- Neurofibromatosis type 1; Intraductal papillary neoplasm of the bile duct; Gastrointestinal stromal tumor; Synchronous
- WORLD JOURNAL OF GASTROENTEROLOGY, v.24, no.4, pp.537 - 542
- Journal Title
- WORLD JOURNAL OF GASTROENTEROLOGY
- Start Page
- End Page
- We report our experience with a synchronous case of gastrointestinal stromal tumor (GIST) and intraductal papillary neoplasm of the bile duct (IPNB) in an elderly woman with neurofibromatosis type 1 (NF-1). A 72-year-old woman presented with a 2-mo history of right upper abdominal pain unrelated to diet and indigestion. Fourteen years earlier, she had been diagnosed with NF-1, which manifested as cafe au lait spots and multiple nodules on the skin. Computed tomography (CT) revealed a multilocular low-density mass with septation, and mural nodules in the right hepatic lobe, as well as a 1.7-cm-sized well-demarcated enhancing mass in the third portion of the duodenum. The patient subsequently underwent right hepatectomy and duodenal wedge resection. We present here the first report of a case involving a synchronous IPNB and GIST in a patient with NF-1. Our findings demonstrate the possibility of various tumors in NF-1 patients and the importance of diagnosis at an early stage.
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- 2. Clinical Science > Department of Hepato-Biliary-Pancreatic Surgery > 1. Journal Articles
- 2. Clinical Science > Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology > 1. Journal Articles
- 5. Others > Others(Medicine) > 1. Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.