십이지장경 삽입 중 발생한 식도점막 열상으로 인해 진단된 동시성식도암과 위암Synchronous Esophageal and Gastric Cancer Detected by Iatrogenic Esophageal Mucosal Injury Incurred During Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography
- Other Titles
- Synchronous Esophageal and Gastric Cancer Detected by Iatrogenic Esophageal Mucosal Injury Incurred During Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography
- 김동우; 현종진; 이종진; 최정완; 강규호; 황수현; 김대하
- Issue Date
- 내시경적 역행성 담췌관 조영술; 식도암; 위암; 점막 열상; Cholangiopancreatography; Endoscopic retrograde; Esophageal neoplasms; Stomach neoplasms; Mucosal tear
- 대한췌담도학회지, v.23, no.2, pp.76 - 81
- Journal Title
- Start Page
- End Page
- Esophageal mucosal tear occurred during scope insertion in a 71-year-old male patient who previously underwent endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP) several times without any complications. The mucosal tear was successfully sealed with endoclips using a forward-viewing scope. However, this mishap leads to the incidental discovery of both esophageal cancer and early gastric cancer. Duodenoscope has inherent limitation in observing the gastrointestinal tract, especially the esophagus, and may miss clinically significant lesions. Therefore, in addition to applying sufficient lubricant to the scope tip and considering the possibility of anatomical variation to prevent mucosal injury or perforation, performing upper endoscopy during ERCP should be considered in a certain patient population, albeit the utility of and the population benefiting from it remains to be proven by a large-scale study.
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- 2. Clinical Science > Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology > 1. Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.