Corrigendum to: Addition of liver stiffness enhances the predictive accuracy of the PAGE-B model for hepatitis B-related hepatocellular carcinoma (vol 53, pg 919, 2021)
- Chon, Hye Yeon; Lee, Han Ah; Suh, Sang Jun; Lee, Jung Il; Kim, Byung Seok; Kim, In Hee; Lee, Chang Hyeong; Jang, Byoung Kuk; Lee, Hyun Woong; Hwang, Jae Seok; Lee, Chang Hun; Lee, Jin-Woo; Yu, Jung Hwan; Seo, Yeon Seok; Yim, Hyung Joon; Kim, Seung Up
- Issue Date
- ALIMENTARY PHARMACOLOGY & THERAPEUTICS, v.53, no.8, pp.959 - 960
- Journal Title
- ALIMENTARY PHARMACOLOGY & THERAPEUTICS
- Start Page
- End Page
- Background The modified PAGE-B (mPAGE-B) and PAGE-B models reliably predict the risk of developing chronic hepatitis B (CHB)-related hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC). Aim(s) To investigate whether the addition of liver stiffness (LS) value, assessed using transient elastography, enhanced the predictive accuracies of these models Methods Patients with CHB who started anti-viral therapy (AVT) between 2007 and 2017 were enrolled. The training (Yonsei University Hospital) and validation (seven Korean referral institutes) cohorts contained 1211 and 973 patients, respectively. Results Based on multivariate analysis, older age (hazard ratio [HR] = 1.051, 95% confidence interval [CI] = 1.031-1.071), male sex (HR = 2.265, 95% CI = 1.463-3.506), lower platelet count (HR = 0.993, 95% CI = 0.989-0.997) and greater LS values (HR = 1.015, 95% CI = 1.002-1.028) were independently associated with an increased risk of HCC development (all P < 0.05). Thus, we developed a modified PAGE(LS)-B model (maximum score 34) that included age, male sex, platelet count and LS value. The integrated area under the curve of the modified PAGE(LS) model was greater than those of the PAGE-B and mPAGE-B models (0.760 vs 0.714 and 0.716, respectively) in the derivation dataset. The cumulative HCC incidence was significantly higher in the high-risk (modified PAGE-B-LS score >= 24) group than in the intermediate-risk (modified PAGE(LS)-B score 12-24) or low-risk (modified PAGE(LS)-B score < 12) group (all P < 0.001). Similar results were observed in the validation cohort. Conclusions The predictive accuracies of the PAGE-B and mPAGE-B models were validated in Korean patients with CHB receiving AVT. However, the modified PAGE(LS)-B model featuring the addition of LS value showed higher predictability than the PAGE-B and mPAGE-B models.
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- 2. Clinical Science > Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology > 1. Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.