Clinical Effect of Add-On Primovist-Enhanced Magnetic Resonance Imaging on Preoperative Tumor Staging in Hepatocellular Carcinoma Patients
- Jin, Young-Joo; Lee, Jin-Woo; Kwon, Oh Sang; Jung, Young Kul; Kwon, Jung Hyun; Jang, Jeong Won; Kim, Young Seok; Kim, Tae Hun; Jeon, Yong Sun
- Issue Date
- hepatocellular carcinoma; primovist-enhanced magnetic resonance imaging; Barcelona clinic liver cancer; liver dynamic computed tomography
- JOURNAL OF SURGICAL ONCOLOGY, v.114, no.1, pp.106 - 111
- Journal Title
- JOURNAL OF SURGICAL ONCOLOGY
- Start Page
- End Page
- Background/Aims: We analyzed the incidence of change of Barcelona Clinic Liver Cancer (BCLC) stage after add-on Primovist-enhanced magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) in hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) patients with Barcelona Clinic Liver Cancer stage 0 or A as determined by liver dynamic computed tomography (LDCT). Methods: Atotal of 166 patients enrolled prospectively between August 2012 and December 2014 were retrospectively analyzed. The rates of stage change after Primovist-enhanced MRI and the treatment finally adopted in patients with stage change were evaluated. Results: Of the 166 patients, 24 (18.6%) had truly new HCCs. Forty-six (27.7%) and 120 (72.3%) patients had BCLC stages 0 and A, respectively, before Primovist-enhanced MRI, but after Primovist-enhanced MRI, 28 (16.9%), 134 (80.7%), and 4 (2.4%) patients had BCLC stages 0, A, and B, respectively. Tumor stage changed in 22 (13.3%) patients, from 0 to A (18, 39.1%) or A to B (4, 3.3%). Conclusions: Add-on Primovist-enhanced magnetic resonance imaging can change BCLC stage with 13.3% in patients with BCLC 0 or A staged HCC, as determined by LDCT. (C) 2016 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- 2. Clinical Science > Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology > 1. Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.