Guidelines for Mobile Laboratories for Molecular Diagnostic Testing of COVID-19
- Roh, Kyoung Ho; Hong, Ki Ho; Nam, Myung-Hyun; Kim, Taek Soo; Seong, Moon-Woo; Lee, Jin Kyung; Bae, Sookyoung; Huh, Hee Jae; Ahn, Jeong-Yeal; Lim, Jinsook; Kim, Gab Jung; Park, Jae Sun; Kim, Hyun Yeong; Yoo, Cheon Kwon; Lee, Hyukmin; Korean Society for Laboratory Medicine; COVID-19 Task Force; Bureau of Infectious Disease Diagnosis Control
- Issue Date
- COVID-19; Mobile Laboratory; Guidelines; Diagnostic testing; Quality control
- Annals of Laboratory Medicine, v.42, no.5, pp.507 - 514
- Journal Title
- Annals of Laboratory Medicine
- Start Page
- End Page
- With the rapid spread of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19), the need for rapid testing and diagnosis and consequently, the demand for mobile laboratories have increased. Despite this need, there are no clear guidelines for the operation, maintenance, or quality control of mobile laboratories. We provide guidelines for the operation, management, and quality control of mobile laboratories, and specifically for the implementation and execution of COVID-19 molecular diagnostic testing. These practical guidelines are primarily based on expert opinions and a laboratory accreditation inspection checklist. The scope of these guidelines includes the facility, preoperative evaluation, PCR testing, internal and external quality control, sample handling, reporting, laboratory personnel, biosafety level, and laboratory safety management. These guidelines are useful for the maintenance and operation of mobile laboratories not only in normal circumstances but also during public health crises and emergencies.
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- 2. Clinical Science > Department of Laboratory Medicine > 1. Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.