[A case of hypopharyngeal cancer treated by endoscopic submucosal dissection].
- Yun J.W.; Jung W.; Lee J.Y.; Choi W.J.; Lee S.Y.; Lee B.J.; Park J.J.; Bak Y.T.
- Issue Date
- Hypopharyngeal cancer; Endoscopic submucosal dissection; Narrow band imaging
- The Korean journal of gastroenterology = Taehan Sohwagi Hakhoe chi, v.59, no.3, pp.239 - 244
- Journal Title
- The Korean journal of gastroenterology = Taehan Sohwagi Hakhoe chi
- Start Page
- End Page
- Recent advances in endoscopic instruments, including narrow-band imaging (NBI) and magnification endoscopy, allowed dramatic increase in the early diagnosis of hypopharyngeal cancers. In addition, endoscopic mucosal resection or endoscopic submucosal dissection has recently been used for the treatment of hypopharyngeal cancer at an early stage, especially in Japan. However, to date, there is no published report in Korea. A 68-year-old man was admitted for preoperative evaluation and treatment for known esophageal cancer initially diagnosed at a local clinic. During the evaluation, magnifying endoscopy combined with the NBI system revealed a concurrent hypopharyngeal cancer not detected by initial conventional endoscopy. In this case report, we describe for the first time in Korea a case of early stage hypopharyngeal carcinoma that was successfully treated by endoscopic submucosal dissection with a review of literature.
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- 2. Clinical Science > Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology > 1. Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.