Another new variant of Bouveret's syndrome
- Park, Seong-Heum; Lee, Sang-Woo; Song, Tae-Jin
- Issue Date
- BAISHIDENG PUBLISHING GROUP INC
- Duodenal obstruction; Biliary fistula; Gallstones
- WORLD JOURNAL OF GASTROENTEROLOGY, v.15, no.3, pp.378 - 379
- Journal Title
- WORLD JOURNAL OF GASTROENTEROLOGY
- Start Page
- End Page
- Although Bouveret's syndrome, i.e. gastric outlet obstruction by a large gallstone impacted in the proximal duodenum secondary to a cholecystoduodenal fistula, is rare, its pathogenesis and clinical features are well characterized. However, existence of variant forms of the syndrome are not well known, and as far as we know, only two cases of variant Bouveret's syndrome have been described in the English-language literature. We present a case of another new variant of Bouveret's syndrome in a 54-year-old Korean woman. (C) 2009 The WJG Press and Baishideng. All rights reserved.
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- 2. Clinical Science > Department of Hepato-Biliary-Pancreatic Surgery > 1. Journal Articles
- 2. Clinical Science > Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology > 1. Journal Articles
- 2. Clinical Science > Department of Foregut Surgery > 1. Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.