Antiepiligrin cicatricial pemphigoid with autoantibodies to the beta subunit of laminin 5 and associated with severe laryngeal involvement necessitating tracheostomy
- Seo, SH; Kye, YC; Kim, SN; Kim, SC
- Issue Date
- antiepiligrin cicatricial pemphigoid; beta 3-subunit; tracheostomy
- DERMATOLOGY, v.202, no.1, pp.63 - 66
- Journal Title
- Start Page
- End Page
- We report the case of a 67-year-old Korean woman with antiepiligrin cicatricial pemphigoid. The patient's serum immunoprecipitated polypeptides that comigrated with those identified in serum from a representative patient with antiepiligrin cicatricial pemphigoid, and was reactive with the laminin beta3-subunit on immunoblotting. She presented not only with cutaneous, oral and ocular, but also with laryngeal and esophageal involvement. Because the supraglottic stenosis was severe, she had to undergo tracheostomy to maintain airway patency. Copyright (C) 2001 S. Karger AG, Basel.
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- 2. Clinical Science > Department of Dermatology > 1. Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.