Revision of Quality Indicators for the Endoscopy Quality Improvement Program of the National Cancer Screening Program in Koreaopen access
- Min J.K.; Cha J.M.; Cho Y.K.; Kim J.H.; Yoon S.M.; Im J.P.; Jung Y.; Moon J.S.; Kim J.O.; Jeen Y.T.
- Issue Date
- Colonoscopy; Gastroscopy; Mass screening; Quality improvement; Safety
- The Korean journal of gastroenterology = Taehan Sohwagi Hakhoe chi, v.71, no.5, pp.269 - 281
- Journal Title
- The Korean journal of gastroenterology = Taehan Sohwagi Hakhoe chi
- Start Page
- End Page
- Gastroscopy and colonoscopy are widely used for the early diagnosis of stomach and colorectal cancer. The present revision integrates recent data regarding previous quality indicators and novel indicators suggested for gastroscopy and colonoscopy procedures for the National Cancer Screening Program in Korea. The new indicators, developed by the Quality Improvement Committee of the Korean Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, vary in the level of supporting evidence, and most are based solely on expert opinion. Updated indicators validated by clinical research were prioritized, but were chosen by expert consensus when such studies were absent. The resultant quality indicators were graded according to the levels of consensus and recommendations. The updated indicators will provide a relevant guideline for high-quality endoscopy. The future direction of quality indicator development should include relevant outcome measures and an evidence-based approach to support proposed performance targets.
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- 2. Clinical Science > Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology > 1. Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.