Survey of endoscope reprocessing in Koreaopen access
- Park J.B.; Yang J.N.; Lim Y.J.; Koo J.S.; Jang J.Y.; Park S.H.; Hong S.J.; Kim S.-W.; Chun H.J.; The Disinfection Management Committee of the Korean Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- Issue Date
- Korean Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- Data collection; Endoscopy; Reprocessing
- Clinical Endoscopy, v.48, no.1, pp.39 - 47
- Journal Title
- Clinical Endoscopy
- Start Page
- End Page
- Background/Aims: There is a growing emphasis on quality management in endoscope reprocessing. Previous surveys conducted in 2002 and 2004 were not practitioner-oriented. Therefore, this survey is significant for being the first to target actual participants in endoscope reprocessing in Korea. Methods: This survey comprised 33 self-filled questions, and was personally delivered to nurses and nursing auxiliaries in the endoscopy departments of eight hospitals belonging to the society. The anonymous responses were collected after 1 week either by post or in person by committee members. Results: The survey included 100 participants. In the questionnaire addressing compliance rates with the reprocessing guideline, the majority (98.9%) had a high compliance rate compared to 27% of respondents in 2002 and 50% in 2004. The lowest rate of compliance with a reprocessing procedure was reported for transporting the contaminated endoscope in a sealed container. Automated endoscope reprocessors were available in all hospitals. Regarding reprocessing time, more than half of the subjects replied that reprocessing took more than 15 minutes (63.2%). Conclusions: The quality management of endoscope reprocessing has improved as since the previous survey. A national survey expanded to include primary clinics is required to determine the true current status of endoscope reprocessing.
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- 2. Clinical Science > Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology > 1. Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.